Had the pleasure of joining the Oakas, Secur!ous and Dynamiq team at the Okehampton Business Information Point workshop on Cyber Awareness. Absolutely fascinating (yet slightly scary) information about hackers and how they can get into your computers very easily. Key points for businesses and even those at home:
- Vary your passwords and make them complicated. Use a password manager/safe if possible.
- Update regularly but be careful what you are updating; is it something you already had?
- Keep your protection software up-to-date and if you do not have it – GET IT!
- Encrypt and secure laptops and computers
- Think about the safety of your tablets and phones – are they easy to access.
- All internet based items can be a way into your system and computer