Barrier 1 – Your offer doesn’t fit the current school curriculum requirements
Knowing what schools want and how to provide it within your setting is vital
Schools are required to teach a rich, challenging curriculum and this can be tricky to fit into their current timetable. You can help them by offering curriculum based learning opportunities in your unique setting.
How you can help
- Seek professional, up to date advice on what schools want – don’t presume.
- Your offer must meet the needs of the current national curriculum at the level of challenge required whilst playing to the strengths of your unique setting.
- Curriculum expectations change with new government policies and things are probably very different from when you were at school. Make sure your offer is updated whenever these changes happen. This can make a huge difference.
- If what you offer is an add on to the curriculum, schools won’t have time to fit a visit in.
- It helps if your offer meets the current high-profile areas that schools are looking for. If you can offer these learning opportunities within your setting, then it is likely you will attract more visitors.
Contact us if you would like to know more about how you can increase visitor numbers. We can help you design learning opportunities for schools built around the current high-profile educational visit areas bespoke for your venue. Our team is made up of serving teachers and school leaders who are experts in their field.
Our next blog – Awareness barriers and how you can ensure every school knows that you can offer an Exciting Education experience relevant to the current curriculum.