Exciting Education will be offering training from the Spring term. From ‘Messy Play on a Budget’ and ‘Working with EAL Children: Outstanding Practice’ to ‘Practical Ideas: Working With Children With Delayed Speech and Language Development’. Use our Facebook page to inform us of any courses you would like: https://www.facebook.com/ExcitingEducation
Had the pleasure of joining the Oakas, Secur!ous and Dynamiq team at the Okehampton Business Information Point workshop on Cyber Awareness. Absolutely fascinating (yet slightly scary) information about hackers and how they can get into your computers very easily. Key points for businesses and even those at home:
- Vary your passwords and make them complicated. Use a password manager/safe if possible.
- Update regularly but be careful what you are updating; is it something you already had?
- Keep your protection software up-to-date and if you do not have it – GET IT!
- Encrypt and secure laptops and computers
- Think about the safety of your tablets and phones – are they easy to access.
- All internet based items can be a way into your system and computer
We all know that holiday time can be an expensive time of the year; but we are so lucky in the South West to have so many great days out. Check out the Primary Times from the link below as they have lots of ideas and free days out that will keep your little ones occupied! Look under your region and check out the free ideas for the beach and countryside under the Devon page. https://www.primarytimes.net/your-region